Australian Institute of Building Designers Incorporated
The Australian Institute of Building Designers Incorporated has developed a series of Building Designer of the Year Awards to recognise and reward the outstanding talent that exists within the building design profession and in so doing, encourage all to constantly strive for excellence and creative individuality.
Residential Building Designer of the Year
Commercial Building Designer of the Year
Project Home Building Designer of the Year
Student Building Designer of the Year
Sustainable Building Designer of the Year
The minimum entry requirements for all categories are:
- The project must be constructed, or have been given all necessary approvals to commence construction (building license approval stage). Where not constructed 3D images will be required, together with applicable building license details. The “Student” category will be the only totally theoretical entries allowed.
- A completed application form together with payment of the appropriate entry fee (multiple entries are permitted, please use a separate form for each entry)
- A copy of the site plan, floor plans, elevations and sections (additional drawings or images may be provided to assist the judges)
- A copy of the brief prepared by the building designer for the project (or brief provided to the “Student”)
- A copy of the project specification (“Students” can include proposed materials within drawings)
- At least one external photograph of the completed project showing the project in relation to the streetscape (an additional photograph of the building only would be advantageous), students may submit 3D images /rendered elevations
- A written statement detailing the design philosophy (explaining how you have interpreted and resolved the client’s requirements)
- Proof of building cost (a copy of the letter of quotation/s, copy of the building contract or similar) together with a summary of inclusions in the building cost
- A brief description of the locality (geographical and climatic) and how this affects the design solution
The Building Designer of the Year Awards will be presented on Saturday 31st January 2009
At The Tompkins on Swan room
Tompkins Park Function Centre Corner of Dunkley Avenue and Canning Highway
Alfred Cove, Western Australia, 6154.
Members, non-members and guests welcome. Tickets are limited, book early to avoid disappointment.
More Information and Application Forms:
You can view more details or download an entry form. You can also download an Application for Awards Presentation Dinner Tickets
(Just click on appropriate hyperlink above)